Friday 16 May 2014

16th May - Skydive

About to Jump! (Well fall)
After a pants night sleep it was game day. Skydive today. After a slow start due to a cold start, we made a start to the day saying goodbye to Deb and we were playing the waiting game. Laura had to check in by 11 which meant we had to kill time until 10:30. This wasnt too hard with washing to do and the internet providing a good distraction for the morning. Laura went for a walk and the nerves started to kick in. She tried to keep what Ian had told her the day before in her mind and calmed down a bit.  Not long later we were on the road. An easy drive an we were there. We checked in and as we did I was set to be in the next plane. 



I met my jump buddy Brian and he got my kitted up and gave me the briefest demo available! 5 minutes later I was in the plane with 13 other people. 3 of which were tandem dives including myself. There were 2 brothers one who was 14, he was more nervous than me so I spent my time looking after him which sorted my nerves. After the fun jumpers I was going to be the second tandem jump. The fun jumpers threw themselves out we started moving at this point I was confused but had no choice before I knew it I was dangling out of the plane and words that cannot be repeated were said and we were gone! After a few seconds of screaming that seemed pretty pointless. So I worked on trying to smile for the gopro. Equally the wind didnt agree with this so the photos are ridiculous. (This is why Myles bought them) After 1 minute of free fall I see brians fingers crossed infront of me. I can only assume its parachute time and get yanked up into the air. Oh yeah. Big red parachute above me and everything seems pretty cool. We had another 6 miniutes of parachuting This was great fun. We did a few spins and then Laura felt very queezy so that stopped! She even got to steer the parachute. We had a little chat on the way down which was nice. Then it was time to land, a sharp turn and I had to hold my legs up in the air and we flew to the floor at a very fast rate! After a few bumps we were down and there was a Myles waiting for me! A high 5 and a hug later it was all done. I really enjoyed it and wasnt even that scared! I was most worried about my shoes falling off and stupid things like that. After standing up thats when the sickenss kicked in. A sit down and a lot of water later I was feeling a bit better. With that off shopping, back home for a film and now for a curry dinner! I had an amazing time and really enjoyed it.

Lots of love to you all. 

Free Fall face! 

Trying to smile whilst in freefall!

Feeling good parachuting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment